Supplementation with snac nutritional supplements is increasingly in vogue, and there is a growing variety of these products. Food supplements are over-the-counter products marketed in various formats. They are available in capsules, tablets, drinkable liquids, or powder sachets and are usually accompanied by instructions on how to take them.
Food supplements can have different benefits depending on their purpose. The main ones are:
- Contribute to an improvement in health and well-being;
- Complement the diet, helping to increase the levels of a specific vitamin or mineral in the body;
- Combat memory loss and symptoms of tiredness;
- Help with weight loss and increase in muscle mass;
- Contribute to the maintenance of healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- muscle mass gain
- fat loss
- Increase in fatty acid oxidation
- increase in resistance
- Improvement of the immune system
Precautions For Safe Intake
Before opting for a food supplement, remember that each person has specific needs and personalized support is crucial. Please consult a health professional to help you identify your needs and listen to their advice.
You should also note the following:
- At the time of purchase, inform the pharmacist of other medicines and supplements that you are taking at the same time;
- Always read the information that comes with the supplement;
- Respect the instructions for taking, because only then will you enjoy the benefits of the product;
- Respect the recommended dosage: ask your healthcare professional and follow the recommendations.
Types Of Food Supplements
These are supplements that have high-calorie content. They are composed of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals. They are equivalent to a full meal.
They are rich in proteins found in concentrated, hydrolyzed, and isolated forms and used for muscle recovery after strength training.
They are rich in substances that accelerate metabolism (caffeine, guarana, citrus Aurantium, inositol, etc.). Contribute to weight and body fat loss.
They are vitamin and mineral supplements that act as antioxidants. They have the function of fighting free radicals produced during exercise.
Multivitamin And Mineral Supplements
For people who need supplementation of vitamins and minerals from snac nutritional supplements daily.
They are hormone precursors.
BCAA, Glutamine, And Other Amino Acids
They are present in many hypercaloric and protein supplements. They are sold separately as well. Although many people swear, they get results, studies are still not very clear about the effectiveness and side effects of supplementation of these amino acids alone.